Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday School and Stern Grove


How can you encourage cognitive development? A conversation about building prior knowledge is how I began the weekend and dinner at Cha Cha Cha is how I ended the weekend. What happened in between is the essence of this summer. I learned, I questioned, and I went dancing on Saturday. I waited for Amy trying to decide if I had enough energy to stay out, and I did. I met people who's names I forget and contact information I never saved, they were more like instruments in my night, rather than friendships to foster. On Sunday, a group of intellects gathered to hear music, drink wine, and participate in one of the events San Francisco has to offer: Stern Grove (Thank you Lo and Remonica). We followed up on our Cha Cha Cha tradition after the show (the host Lorena offended and I are in the photo-trying to make friends and get us a table).

I let the weekend flow like it was supposed to, and it did. Not the way I thought it would, but the way I trust it needed to. Life is strange how it takes turns, what was so important at one time, loses its hold and there I am stronger, healthier, and more accomplished than when I struggled. There are things I think I want now. I will keep them in mind, respect them with my actions, but I will not try to force the issue. I am ready to be honest, wait, and see...

The sweetest thing I have ever known... -Lauryn Hill and the Fugees

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Lorena said...

It is not my fault if the front of the house is incompetent! I guess I did pull a bit of a mean girl moment- oops...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home